Terms & Conditions
Although no effort has been spared in an attempt to ensure that the information contained in this web site is accurate, the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC) does not assume responsibility for errors, oversights and/or unauthorized editing.
In no event shall CISC be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of any use of the information contained in this web site.
CISC will revise the information contained in this web site and reserves the right to make changes without any obligation to notify past, current or prospective visitors.
CISC is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of
any information on third-party links.
Links to other web sites or services or publications other than those of CISC do not imply the endorsement or approval of such web site, products, services or publications.
All information on this web site is protected under the copyright laws. In addition, certain information may be copyrighted by others. Unless otherwise specified, no one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish in any form, any information found on this web site. If you are interested in establishing a link from your website to our home page, please contact us for permission at email@example.com
CISC Secure PDF File - Terms and Conditions
- The secured PDF files can only be opened and viewed on 1 Windows computer. The secured PDF files cannot be opened on a Mac computer, iPad tablet, Android tablet, iPhone or Android smartphone. Once any one of the secured PDF files is open on a Windows computer, all other secured PDF files can only be opened on that computer.
- The validity of your license to open and view the secured PDF files is checked on the Internet each time one of the secured PDF files are opened for viewing. Your computer must be connected to the Internet to open and view the secured PDF files. The amount of data sent and received is small. The files are not downloaded each time.
- You must have Administrator rights on the Windows computer to install the secured PDF viewer software.
- You will be prevented from using screen capture software while any of the secured PDF files are open. Pressing the "PrtScn" button will not work.
- If you already have a printed copy of the documents, you will be prevented from printing the secured PDF files.
- If you do not have a printed copy of the documents, you will be allowed 3 attempts to print the secured PDF files. If you print part of a file, that counts as one of the attempts. If you click the "Print" button and then cancel the printing, that counts as one of the attempts.
- You will be prevented from printing to Adobe PDF or other file based printers.
- Files should be printed to a printer that does not use a PostScript driver to avoid problem with unreadable pages. Open the printer properties for your printer and look for the driver name. If you see "PS" in the driver name this is a good indication that the printer uses a PostScript driver.